Fairfield Nursing Home, Wirral
Facilities and Care
Fairfield is a Nursing and Residential Care Home therefore we can accept people with complex nursing needs as we have a team of experienced qualified nurses. We have been recognised for the excellent end of life care we provide and have strong links with The Warrens Health centre. We have a dedicated GP who completes a weekly ‘ward round’ to review all our residents, he also visits outside of the weekly rounds if we require his advice on anyone causing concern.
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Supervision with day to day activities
- Nursing and Medical care
- Support with diet and nutrition
- Monitoring of continence needs, skin care
- Support with any advance decisions regarding care and treatment
- Support with end of life care.
This list is not exhaustive and can care for people with complex nursing needs.We always complete a thorough pre-admission assessment before accepting anyone into our care as we want to ensure we can provide the care needed for that person.
Fairfield Nursing Home is a Residential and Nursing Care Home, we are registered with the Care Quality Commission. We have 29 rooms all single occupancy, 22 are ensuite which comprises of a sink and toilet.
Each room has a television and telephone point so you can have your own telephone if you wish. All rooms are decorated to a high standard and contain comfortable furnishings.
All rooms have a nurse call system. Residents are encouraged to bring in pictures and possessions to personalise their rooms.
The ground floor comprises of a reception area, small lounge which can be used if required for private family gatherings, large orangery with a small lounge area attached. Dining room, kitchen, walk in shower room and toilets. There is a lift to take you up to the first floor. We have 12 rooms on the ground floor all with a view of the lovely gardens which surround the Home. We have a dedicated team of gardeners who tend the gardens with love and attention.
First floor comprises of 17 rooms, walk in shower room, bathroom with a Parker specialised bath, admin office and the nurse’s treatment room. All the rooms on the first floor also have views of the gardens and well-established trees. We have an abundance of birds and squirrels who are regular visitors all year round and encouraged by the numerous bird feeders we keep topped up.
Vision and Values
- We aim to raise the profile of Fairfield in the local community to ensure that Fairfield is truly a ‘Home from Home.
- Our aim is to provide an environment that all residents can regard as their home. We recognise that a care home must be run to meet the needs of the residents and that their wishes are paramount.
- We offer care that is of a high standard and tailored to meet the needs and choices of each individual. These choices will always be respected, plans of care are drawn up with the residents and relatives’ input.
- We will provide care that is non-discriminatory and has underpinning care values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, equality, respect and security.
- All information is treated as confidential in line with the GDPR regulations.
- We encourage residents to partake in the communal aspects of the home, however we do understand that not everyone wants to take part and this is always respected.
- The purpose of our Home is to enable residents to achieve their potential capacity whatever that may be, physical, intellectual, emotional or social. This can be achieved by the sensitive recognition and nurturing of that potential in each person and to understand that this may change from time to time.